Home Page Download Files
Home Page Stories
ROTARY CLUB OF NEWLANDS ADDRESSES EMERGENCY RESPONSE VEHICLE CRISIS
The shortage of emergency response vehicles is a serious problem being faced in the Western Cape (and in fact, the rest of the country). This lack of vehicles often leads to emergency services taking up to 40 minutes to arrive at disaster scenes, especially in more remote areas. It goes without saying that the vital lost time can literally mean the difference between life and death.
Due to budget constraints, the situation doesn’t show any signs of improving - either from a provincial or municipal perspective. However, a fund-raising project recently initiated by the Rotary Club Newlands aims to supply an additional, much-needed vehicle to be operated by the Disaster Volunteer Group, EVS. The fully-kitted, multi-purpose vehicle will provide services to residents in the Deep South, from Claremont to Cape Point, including Masiphumelele, Ocean View and Redhill.
- Building the Site does not require specialist skills
- We believe that users can quickly get a handle on how to do this by using the very good training material
- The site is split into two main parts Namely Members and WEB site for PI content
- We believe that the Members Part of the site will improve the way we work with each other
- Please read on and find out how to get your UserName and PassWord